There are so many wonderful new resources available at the library these days, and many of them are online and accessible right from your home! But there is sometimes a bit of a learning curve to master them. For instance:
- Do you have questions about how to download free library eBooks to your Kindle or Nook? Or get audiobooks for your iPod/iPhone?
- Would you like to be able to access the library catalog and place holds directly from your Smart Phone?
- Can’t figure out how to add a header and footer to your Word document? Or design the proper formula for your Excel spreadsheet?
- Must you create your own email account so you can apply for that job? Need to figure out how to print out your Southwest boarding passes?
- Want to know how to use any of the library’s databases? E.g.: Novelist for book recommendations, Ancestry.com for genealogy, Mango for foreign language lessons, or Learning Express practice tests to prepare for that exam.
Our librarians answer such questions and give instructions on a daily basis, but sometimes it’s difficult to spend a lot of time with any one patron when other customers are waiting. For that reason, we have established the “Book A Librarian” program!
If you have questions about any library resource, call the Reference Desk, 603-516-6082, to set up a 20-minute appointment with one of our helpful staff. We’ll invite you to come in for a one-on-one lesson with the librarian who is most expert in handling your questions.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you can’t ask questions “on the fly” if you’re in the library or on the phone with us; we still highly encourage that! But with a scheduled appointment we will be able to spend more time with you and lead you, step-by-step, through the mechanics of access to all library resources.
Please call us at 603-516-6082 to “Book A Librarian” if we can help! Appointments are available Monday through Saturday at mutually-agreed-upon times.
Don’t be shy! Remember: there are no dumb questions, except the ones you never asked! Call us!